Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Been a long time...


So, last post 2009.  My apologies.  Life is rolling on;  Jacob is 15 - He graduated from the Maria Montessori School and is looking forward to St. Georges High School -We've taken up part time residence in Pangurn Ark (an amazing fishing spot on the Little Red River, just 120 miles from Memphis) - Jason  I were a part of an amazing church plant, Jacob's Well - I've started a new business!  Life is indeed full & rich.  I am grateful.

Over the past three years, Ann Smithwick & I have been building a blue jean company.  Thigh High Jeans is an amazing venture into creative recycling & fashion philanthropy.  I have many amazing stories of growth, grace & joy.  I will speak more of Thigh High in future blogs, in the meantime, please check out our site.
Memphis Original Thigh High Jeans

This spring I was able to step away from the sewing machine and back behind my easel to prepare for the Unveil Downtown Art show.  I was one of twenty artist chosen to exhibit for twenty days in twenty separate locations.  Clever huh?  Twenty Artists - Twenty Days - Twenty Locations.  All paintings are encaustic on panels.  It was great to feel the wax flowing.   Hope you enjoy the images as much as I enjoyed creating them.












No comments: